PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR NEWS.ASTRAWEB.COM
1) We will not share, rent, sell or trade your information to any third party except partners that are
with us for
the purpose of billing. These parners and their respective privacy policies are available at:
Your billing information is stored only by the partner you have chosen to make payment with. We do not store your
credit card or bank account details on our servers.
2) We will not send you unsolicited email. You will only be contacted via email for billing purposes or
3) We will make a best effort to keep your information safe.
4) We utilize Google Analytics to analyze website activity trends, monitor site performance and to improve design and
functionality. Google Analytics may place a cookie to track your activity through our site. Your personal information
5) We may disclose personal information without your consent under the following circumstances:
If we are required by law or by an order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other government entity,
or by court rules concerning the production of records;
If we have reasonable grounds to believe that the information relates to breach of an agreement or violation of the law
that has been, is being, or is about to be committed;
If it is necessary for the establishment or collection of funds owed to us;
For other reasons allowed or required by law.
6) Any messages posted by yourself on usenet through our servers is propagated throughout the usenet network. This is
the basis of our service. Any information provided by yourself through any such post is publicly available via the usenet
network. Please ensure that you do not post private information through our service.
7) All messages posted via our service contain an encrypted X-Trace: Header. This header allows us to identify the
poster for the resolution of abuse cases. This header is not publicly readable and is only accessible by Astraweb staff and
no other third party.
8) Your personal data is retained indefinitely even after your account has been cancelled. This is for the sole
purpose of tracking abuse cases only and will not be distributed to any third party unless required by the exceptions stated
in section 5).
9) We do not store any specific information about your downloads. We only store the amount downloaded, date and
access IP address for accounting purposes.